LLM-ICJ: International Crime and Justice
This course provides an in-depth overview of International Criminal Justice at the graduate level, with a focus on the international legal instruments and institutions associated with ICJ, including:
- relevant conventions / treaties
- International Court of Justice
- International Criminal Court
- case studies.
The overall objectives of this course are:
- To understand the history of transnational justice
- To be familiar with cConventions and treaties relevant to ICJ
- To be conversant with The International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- To be conversant with the International Criminal Court.
Upon completion of this course, the student is expected to able to:
- discuss applicable treaties
- discuss the ICJ appeals process
- make reference to major and significant cases
- discuss the statutes and operations of the ICC.